How to Bid Online
1. Register to bid online
Create an Account
1. If you have previously created an account please login with your details, if not please create an account by clicking this button.
2. After completing this form, you will receive an email to confirm your account. Please check your junk/spam folder for this email if you do not receive it.
2. Bidding Online
How to Bid
1. Quick-links display - Shows all lots you have interacted with (starred or bid on) with their current status. Click the statuses to see a grid of instruments that match the criteria.
2. Instrument image slider - Displays images of the instrument.
3. Lot number - The unique lot number of the item within the auction.
4. Low and high estimate for the lot.
5. Overtime bidding - This happens when someone bids on a lot within 5 minutes of the end time. Overtime bidding is extending for 5 further minutes until no further bids are made within the 5 minute timeframe.
6. Status of the item - Displays the reserve status of the item. Your personal status will also appear if you have placed a bid on the lot. It will state whether you are the highest bidder, or if you have been outbid.
7. Bidding count and price - The number of bids that have been placed and the current live bid price of the item.
8. Increment details - The amount the bid increases on each bid. For example. if the current live bid is £5,000 and the increment is £500, then on the next bid the price would rise to £5,500.
9. Place autobid - You can assign an amount you would like to automatically bid up to.
10. Place bid - When you click this button you can manually outbid another buyer live in the auction.
Confirm your bid
When you have placed a bid, a dialogue box will appear to confirm your bid. Press the 'Confirm Bid' button to register your bid officially.
3. Using the Watch List
Watch List Grid View
1. Click any of these buttons in the quick-links bar, to see your starred instruments.
2. All starred instruments will appear on the grid below. Instruments you have bid on will automatically star and appear within the grid.
The auctioneer will commence and advance the bidding at levels and increments he considers appropriate. The bidding steps are generally in increments of approximately 10% above the previous bid. As a guide, online bidding will be conducted according to the following bidding increments in GBP (Pounds Sterling):