Personal information we hold about youWe collect information about you if you voluntarily submit information to us. This can include information you provide when you meet with our specialists at a valuation day around the world; when you complete a form on our site or in person, this includes information provided at the time of registration at one of our sales; send us an email or call us by telephone. We may collect and process the following information about you.
- Name, address, email address and telephone number
- Photo ID
- Bank details for settlement purposes or VAT refunds
- Transactional information in the fullfilment of any contract between us: such as instruments you have consigned to us or bought from us and also bids that you may have placed on instruments in our sales and valuations or certificates that may have been issued by us
- Details about sale items or items that you may own or wish to own such as photographs and other descriptive material you submit to us
- Information in correspondence: such as correspondence by email, regular mail and telephone, comments, content or messages to us through a third party website where we have a profile or presence (such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube)
- Information provided by other organisations such as the-saleroom.com who host the online platform for us
What do we use your information for?Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To manage and assure the integrity of our auctions
- Administering any accounts
- To send you information about upcoming events and content that you may be interested in
- To notify you of changes to our service
- To respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions that you may send us by email
- To respond to any calls where you have left a message with a third party answering service
Who we may share your information withWe do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Such companies are as follows:
- Third party company such as Mailchimp for the purposes of direct marketing prepared by us
- Shipping companies for the purposes of obtaining shipping quotes and processing import and export customs declarations worldwide
- Relevant authorities both in the UK and worldwide for the purposes of obtaining Export Licenses, CITES licenses and Article 10 licenses
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons. These would include third parties to whom we are under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information or to whom we need to disclose your personal information to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of others, or to detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
How long we will keep your information forYour personal information will be kept by us for as long we remain in active communication with you. If we have not had any active communication with you for a period of six years of more, we will endeavour to either delete your information or change it to a form that does not identify you.
How do we protect your information?We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Third party linksOccasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act ComplianceWe are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Your rights and how to access your Personal InformationYour have a series of rights under the General Data Protection Regulation including the right to access a copy of the information we hold about you. You may ask Ingles & Hayday for a copy of your information, to correct it and to erase it. You also have rights to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data. We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. For further information on this issue, please contact us at 77 Great Titchfield Street, London, W1W 6RF or by email at email@example.com. If you are unhappy about how we are using your information then initially you should contact us at 77 Great Titchfield Street, London, W1W 6RF or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and if your complaint remains unresolved then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, details available at www.ico.org.uk.