The brothers Giacomo and Leandro were the sons of Leandro Bisiach. Giacomo was born in 1900 and studied the cello. Leandro was born in 1904, and moved with his brother to Sienna in 1918, where Leandro had been appointed luthier to the the Accademia Chigiana. There they worked under Igino Sderci, but returned with their father to Milan in 1926, establishing their own workshop in 1934 at 27 Corso Magenta. After a brief respite due to the war, from 1943-1945, the workshop flourished under their joint direction, and employed Sderci, Camillo Mandelli, Piero Parravicini and Giuseppe Stefanini. Giacomo specialised in repair, restoration and varnish work, while Leandro managed the shop and supervised the making of new instruments. They retired to Venegono in 1973, where Leandro died in 1982, and Giacomo in 1995.
Tim Ingles and Paul Hayday will offer an initial evaluation of the authenticity and value of your instrument or bow. At this stage, the assessment is free and without obligation. In the first instance, we suggest submitting good-quality images to us, preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the valuation form.Read more