Son of Leandro senior, born in Milan in 1904, Leandro II worked alongside his brothers and received instruction from Iginio Sderci, and at the Accademia Chigiana in Siena. He returned to his father’s shop in Milan in 1926, and later set up his own business with his brother Giacomo. After the Second World War, the shop was re-established with Giacomo and Sderci, and several other craftsmen. As with his father, the younger Leandro’s output was prolific and varied within the established Bisiach style. Leandro was also a teacher at the International School of Violin Making in Cremona. He retired in 1973, and died in 1982.