Born in 1894 in Mammiano, Parma, Ferdinando Garimberti was taught by Riccardo Antoniazzi in Milan from 1910 and also worked for Leandro Bisiach. After military service he studied with Giuseppe Pedrazzini from 1920 and subsequently developed a fine synthesis of all his main influences. His prolific output includes many instruments that were exported to the U.S.A. in the white, to be varnished there by George Einsele. He received prizes at competitions in Rome, Padua and Cremona and was decorated by the Italian Ministry of Education in 1936. He taught at the International School of Violin Making in Cremona from 1963 to 1966 and died in Milan in 1982.