How to Bid Online
You may bid online during the auction via the Ingles & Hayday online bidding platform. Registration for online bidding is open 30 days prior to the auction. Below is a guide to bidding online.
2. Registration to bid onlineYou must register to bid for each Ingles & Hayday sale. In order to register to bid online, follow the Register to Bid link, log in with your username and password and then click on the Accept Terms & Conditions button. Once you have accepted the Terms and Conditions, you will receive an email requesting your photo ID. Your registration to bid online will be complete once Ingles & Hayday has received your photo ID. Consequently, we would recommend that you register to bid online at least 24 hours before the auction commences. Ingles & Hayday reserves the right to refuse the registration of any bidder at any time.
3. Browse catalogue onlineThe catalogue will be available to view on the Ingles & Hayday website from 30 days before the auction. You will be able to register to bid online during this period, however, online bidding will only be available during the live auction and will commence at 2pm on the auction day. If you would like to leave an absentee bid before the auction day, you will need to complete the Absentee Bidding form. If you would like to arrange a telephone bid before the auction day, you will need to complete the Telephone Bidding form.
4. Bidding onlineOnce the auction has commenced at 2pm on the auction day, online bidding will be available via the Ingles & Hayday online bidding platform. You can access the online bidding platform via the catalogue on our website or via the menu tab and a live video feed will be available during the auction. If you have completed your registration to bid online, you will need to log in by entering your email address or username and password. You will now be able to bid online on any of the lots. If you have not registered to bid online, you will need to register before you are able to bid on any lot. Registration will only be completed when Ingles & Hayday receive a copy of your photo ID. Ingles & Hayday will not be held responsible for failure to bid on a lot if registration has not been fully completed or for any failure of the site or internet connection which may result in bids not being correctly executed. The current live lot will be viewable with the option to bid the next bidding increment (see bidding increments below). To place a bid on the current live lot, you should click on ‘Click Here to Bid’ button. By placing a bid on a lot (including an online commission bid), you are committing to a legally binding and irrevocable offer to purchase the lot up to and including your maximum bid. Please see Condition 6 in our Conditions of Business for Buyers for further information. You are also able to leave online commission bids during the live auction on any lots that have not been offered for sale yet. You can do this by finding the lot that you are interested in and entering your maximum bid. If you leave a commission bid on the online platform, your bid will be executed by a clerk at the live auction up to your indicated maximum amount. The lot is always bought for the lowest bidding increment that exceeds all competing bids, providing it meets or exceeds the reserve price. In the event of identical online commission bids, the online commission bid received first takes precedence. As the online auction is held at the same time as the live auction at Sotheby’s, the auction speed will vary depending on the lot. The average speed is between 70 and 100 lots per hour.
5. Successful BidsBidding ends on a lot when the auctioneer strikes down the gavel on the final hammer price. At this point, the highest bidder for the lot will be the successful buyer and they will receive an invoice for the lot(s) by the end of the auction day. The invoice will include the lot number, description, hammer price, buyer’s premium (see below for further details on the buyer’s premium), any applicable taxes and Ingles & Hayday’s bank account information.
6. Payment & ShippingUpon successful purchase of a lot, payment can be made via wire transfer in GBP (Pounds Sterling) or by cheque. Debit card (Visa Debit, Connect or Maestro) and credit card (Visa or Mastercard) can only be used on the day of the sale up to a maximum of £10,000. Please note that lots may only be collected once payment has cleared. Should you require assistance with shipping your lot to your destination country or exporting the lot outside the EU, please contact email@example.com or +44 (0)20 7042 7337.
Bidding IncrementsThe auctioneer will commence and advance the bidding at levels and increments he considers appropriate. The bidding steps are generally in increments of approximately 10% above the previous bid. As a guide, online bidding will be conducted according to the following bidding increments in GBP (Pounds Sterling):
Up to £200
£320, £350, £380, £400, £420 etc.
£3,200, £3,500, £3,800 etc.
£32,000, £35,000, £38,000 etc.
£320,000, £350,000, £380,000 etc.